Greetings from Pokhara, Nepal ! It’s been a great honor to introduce our organization. Gandaki Association of the Deaf (GAD) is a non-government and non-profit making organization established with a great effort of a handful number…
Endeavored to inform, educate and train profoundly deaf and hard hearing people. Empower deaf and hard of hearing people educationally, socially, economically, intellectually, spiritually and physically by providing them sign language, awareness, academic education, skill and involving them in various curricular activities.
Advocate for the rights, roles and responsibilities of deaf and hard of hearing people.Establish Notional and International net works of deaf and hard of hearing.Eradication of poverty, illiteracy and isolation amongst deaf
Counseling on social, economical and educational issues of the deaf
- GAD has been able to establish its Secretariat under its own 3 storied office building to operate office administration, GAD activities, various training’s, income generation program and organizing meeting, seminar,workshops etc. Office is equipped with computer, fax telephone and interest access.
- GAD has been able provide NSL training to 600 hearing and 50 new deaf people under its Annual NSL training program.
- Under its skill development and income generation programs, 68 deaf are trained with waiter, waitress, cook & bakers, house keeping skills, 12 with basic computer:8 with candle making: 8 in beautician training also cannot employee on present.
- Increased numbers due to democratic practices and self governing process of the
- NSL Trainings in Kaski District.
- Establishment of Western Regional Deaf Organization in Pokhara.
- Deaf Data collection of Gandaki Region Kaski Districts.
- Additional School building/Hostel building/Secretarial building.
- Land for school Play ground expanstory.
We believe above information can make anybody to imagine the situation of the Deaf in this part of the world. In recent years. Government has launched programs for the people with disabilities but still not yet sufficient as needed.
Whatever we have been able to contribute or achieve within these 25 years, we celebrity sliver jubilee can be considered an effort of a Non Govt. Organization like GAD with the cooperation and support of various Local, National, International organization and individuals, otherwise all these were not possible by GAD alone.
There are people and organizations that are concerned with our issued, who extended their valuable support and cooperation to make things possible. We also believe that this is a process of Participatory Development.
How Can I Make A Donation?
Bank A/c Details
Bank Name : Standard Chartered Bank Nepal Ltd.
Beneficiary Name : Gandaki Assocation of The Deaf
A/c No. : 01-0327328-01 | Swift Code : SCBLNPKA
How Can I Volunteer My Time?
Yes if you are deaf you can join us and Volunteer. We will help you in every part regarding the sign language training and other training too.
Where our Offices Located?
We are located at Pokhara Ward number-8, of Pokhara Sub-Metropolitan City, Firke, Pokhara, Kaski Nepal.
Phone Number: +97761523295
Why to Help Us ?
These are the some problems and reason soo that you are expecting help from You.
- Poor participation of parents and guardians of the deaf
- Inadequate plan, policy and support from the Government.
- Uncertain strategy for sustainable programs
- Uncertain source of income for organizational activities
- Operating activities are contractual and time bound
- Uncertain scholarship support of poor deaf students
- Inadequate plan and policy for deaf education of the Government
- Employment problem of skilled and trained deaf members